Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jan. 31st

Well we are still in port. After looking at the weather conditions over & over again the past few days we decided we would sit tight here at the marina until Olga has passed us by. Olga has been around for a couple of weeks becoming a cyclone, then depression, then cyclone, and now she is a tropical depression moving down the center of the state. Bringing heavy rain to much needed areas I'm sure, and also some heavy wind. We had a steady 40 knots blowing in here in a sheltered marina for a couple of hours.
We are stocked and ready to go, and it looks like we will have a break on Tuesday. Once we leave here & the Keppels we will not go into port again until Tin Can Bay. At least that is the plan for now. That being the case the boat is stocked to spend another 4 to6 weeks playing between here & there. We might even get a window to go to the reef for a couple of days, weather permitting.

No comments: