Thursday, September 9, 2010

walk to top of Mt. Cook






Bruce and I walked up to the top of Mt. Cook. This is where Capt. James Cook climbed to see where he might be able to make his way out through the outer reefs. He actually had to walk it twice as the first time it was to hazy. We picked a good day as most of the time it can be hazy here. Today the sun was shining the the skies were mostly clear.
It was the hardest walk I've ever done. I had to stop about a dozen times on the way up as my heart was pounding out of my chest.
Top photo is us at the top, then the view from the top, and the others were taken at different stages of the climb, good reasons to stop and catch my breath. $th one down is called the Blue Lagoon. We will be there on Monday to have a snorkel around the reefs.

No comments:

Contributors