Thursday, November 25, 2010

rain clearing






Well the rain has finally let up enough for us to venture a shore for a walk. We didn't get a chance to walk up last time we stopped here earlier in the year due to weather conditions. The walk was something we both wanted and needed very much. It has been 2 weeks since we left the mainland, with only a small walk on Normanby a week ago we were quite ready for this walk.
I have to admit the first time last year we did this walk with Jerrica I huffed and puffed my way to the top. This time I was breathing a bit hard, but didn't find the need to stop and rest. We power on to the top. It was quite pleasant.
The photo of the group of rocks is one of my favorites I call them the 3 sisters and it always has a very spiritual feel to me. Like they are the guardians of the island.
Looking at the weather we have a few more days of strong winds before we can move on.
After our walk today we got some cleaning, and chores done to get the boat ready to go. transfered some fuel to the main tanks, finished the screens I made for the front windows, cleaning the cockpit. Now that our weather is drying we are drying the boat out as well.

No comments:

Contributors